May 10, 2008

"Bai2 Bai2 Pang4 Pang4" still IN?

It's Mother Day's weekend. Received a call from my mom yesterday.

Mom: hello, how is Kaiyi? You got let her eat nutritious food or not? Too bad you all don't have ikan bilis there... She got grow or not? Must let her eat Calcium foods leh...

Me: Got lar, Got eat cheese, drink milk and eat yogurt lar...

Oh well, while tanned and slim is the idolized body shape for adults, "Bai2 Bai2 Pang4 Pang4" still seems to be that for baby, despite articles warning against obesity and overweight babies. Whenever i share about how light-weight Ariel is, many mommies will tell me: "It's ok lar... healthy can already... my baby also light-weight mah.. only in the 75th percentile.."

Erm... my Ariel has fallen off the growth charts already?!! Although many times i try to tell myself, "She's like me mah - small-size... she also very active, that's why.." But whenever you hear of mommies who is 40kg, having a 6mo baby who is 9kg, you can't help but wonder...

At Ariel's 5-month check-up,

Me: Erm... Doc, should I supplement her with formula milk? When should I start supplementing her with FM?

Doc: You want fat fat baby meh? Drink FM will have fat fat baby lar... but that's how it's meant to be... then can sell mah... If drink FM, baby not fat, who want to buy?

No comments: