May 28, 2009

Home sweet home, despite the heat..

It's been a long time since my last entry. We have finally returned to Singapore after 1.5 years in the U.S. It has never occurred to me how 1.5 years is actually a rather long period of time. There are in fact, some getting used to, when back in Singapore, especially for Ariel who had spent most of her life in the U.S.

Nonetheless, I am glad to be back. Despite the hot weather, I am happy about my regained freedom. I am no longer dependent on 4-wheels to get around, to the shops, and Ariel could go for walks and get some outdoors everyday. This, to me, is something really valuable.

For the first time, Ariel could walk on the sandy beach, barefoot (thanks to my best friend, Venetta, who suggested a beach outing); for the first time, I could take her shopping in NTUC without a stroller; for the first time, I could take her out on my own without daddy.

Although there are many things I missed about the U.S. such as the stress-free, country lifestyle, the food and the people, it's still great to be back in Singapore.

No comments: